Skip to main content

A Different story line...

Illusions should come packaged with statutory warnings, something on the lines of “Illusionary state of mind is detrimental to anyone accompanying the person in question“. Its like passive smoking, the difference being the effects are more at a mental level. Spending time with someone having illusions about himself or herself is like spending time in the gas chamber only this time the brain is getting smothered. Now think about spending the whole life with yourself when you are constantly having megalomaniac thought about yourself. Thinking of Jekyll and Hyde, Schizophrenia, Insanity, nah more like plain old stupid

So why the above rant?
I was going through my mail archives, when I came across a script or that was what it was supposed to be when I wrote it. Not long ago I had illusions about wanting to be a director. I remember the time very well, we were working on a project deadline, my colleague and best friend gaurav slogging away at the terminal doing his best to deliver on time. I too was putting in efforts to do something by not getting in the way, what better way to contribute by not screwing up things more than they already were. So as to keep myself busy in being idle, I was inspired to write a script….. A movie script no less. I could have written a kindergarten play and maybe carried it off with aplomb and little persuasion with my neighbors kids, but no all great people think big and stupid think bigger. I thought the biggest.

Also as a dedication to gaurav for his efforts to get me out of trouble by doing not just his work but also mine on our project, I decided to make him the hero of my movie.

Please proceed reading at your own risk and gau, if you are reading this, buddy I guess you missed out on your Oscar.

A Different story line...

Apna hero gau ka wt is around 50 kilo [theek hai, in movies we can add weight by making him put extra clothes]. He doesn’t have any aim in life and all day does java coding. His friend one day decides to put on weight and joins a gym and gau decided to join him just for company sake. His friend drops out of the gym at the last moment coz he got admission for onsite in US. Gau is now left alone and doesn’t know what to do. His dad scolds gau for having no weight target in life and wasting away his life on 50 something kilos.
His girlfriend... [Hmmmm I guess this is getting too filmy and the budget does not afford a heroine] ... his WSAD tool which is his first love is happy coz gau will now stay away from coding for some time and WSAD can take a rest from constant compiling and running of java and projects.
Gau’s first weeks in gym is a horror show and he runs away back to WSAD who is so very pissed off on gau that she dumps gau's programs and refuses to compile any of his programs.... gau's warrior ego is hurt and he vows to get back to gym and he now comes out a well built person and goes on to win Mr Shivaji park competition.
WSAD also finally comes around and builds all gau's projects and makes him happy.

PS: I go on to win at the Razzies for the worst story, direction, production, and all categories.
PS-1: Gau loses out on winning at the awards coz they all faint and cant watch any further so his acting goes unnoticed
PS-2: I make a lot of money [not by selling the movie... its junk, but by getting myself adopted by gau's bapu.]
PS-3: The script is absolutely new and is different, Any similarities to a movie called lakshya is a coincidence and figment of critics imagination. Any such claim will be treated with spam of more of my stories and the claimant sued for maligning my creative talents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Right to say No........

A choice is “A decision to choose one thing, person, or course of action in preference to other s”. A choice is made between options which are acceptable to the person making them. The right to say no is a required option when faced with choosing between options not favorable or acceptable to us. Why is it that we are denied the basic right when we chose our representatives in parliament, legislature or municipalities. Time and again we have to vote and chose between options which rather than being the best are more likely to be the least of the worst variety. What stops the election commission from introducing the “ None of the above ” option in the election rolls. It does throw up pertinent questions as to what is to be done, if this options wins, what happens next, so on and so forth, but is the answer really that difficult to answer. If the option garners more votes then it means, none of the people who were on the roll were found eligible by the people to lead the constituency an

Leap of faith !!!!

A drop of sweat trickles down the forehead, I have never done this before. in front of me is a chasm whose depth I cannot fathom. No tape, measure, laser has been invented which could reach the end and tell the world its depth. The gorge lay there from ages, none knows what created it maybe a meteorite hit or a dormant volcano. The gorge has a reputation of being a killer, multitudes of trekker and vehicles have met their nirvana at the base of the sharp and craggy edges. I can see my whole life go past me in a microsecond., a kaleidoscope of colours and events vivid and at the same time compacted into a moment. It is not long back that my kin had tried to dissuade me from going on this adventure, they tried their best to coax me to go to an alternate journey which was equally stressful but relatively safe, relative being the word I am stressing on here. But I was adamant on doing this, it was the monkeys paw on my back. I had to get it off my conscience, I had to complete this journey

Top of my mind.......

What is it that drives a human being, is it the things that a person experiences, is it the things that are heard, told, seen, felt which give structure to the persons actions or is it something else. We are so busy trying to live our lives that we sometimes forget that we have to “live life”. Is survival all about just staying alive or is it something else, is it just about the place we want to be, rather than how we want to be at the place we want to be, is everything fair in love, war and life. When does ethics, principles, ideals come into the picture, is it just some words we learn in our infancy and which eventually gets obscured when we move on and start the struggle for existence. Can we think of these as just buzzwords which get thrown around when we need to impress someone or when we try to come up with reasons for our own shortcomings, “I can’t do it because my ethics don’t allow me to do it”. What is this ethics anyways, is it a rule, is it a way, is it a compulsion, what i